When I think of Summer, there are a few things that immediately pop into my mind.
Flip flops, bikini’s, grilling……and s’mores! There is just something about graham crackers, melty chocolate and gooey marshmallow that say, “Summer is here”! As delicious as they are, they aren’t exactly diet friendly, and that’s okay! At least most of the time. You know I am all about the splurge!
However, sometimes you want something that tastes amazing and won’t wreck all of the hard work you have been putting in at the gym. No problem, I’ve got you covered!
Meet my new favorite Summer treat. S’mores Protein Balls.
Ohhhhh yeah, they are yummy!!!
Now, admittedly, they don’t taste exactly like a S’mores but I would describe them as being “S’mores like” with an extra peanut butter punch.
My daughter says they taste like a Snickers and my friend says they remind her of a Butterfinger. My husband just says they taste darn good.
S’mores, Snickers, Butterfinger. Allllll of my favorite treats rolled up into one little bite!
The original recipe for this delicious treat comes from Kristine @ Busy But Healthy. She is one of my favorite go to websites for that sweet treat that won’t sabotage your good eating and exercise habits.
I did make a few changes to the recipe, like using Vegan protein powder vs whey(and less of it) as well as using regular dark chocolate chips rather than Stevia Chocolate chips. Either way, you are sure to love these S’mores Protein Balls!
S’mores Protein Balls
Original recipe by Kristine Fretwell
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 scoops vegan protein powder
- 3/4 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/3 cup marshmallows, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 sheets of graham crackers, pulsed into crumbs
How to make
- In a bowl, combine the honey and peanut butter, mixing together
- Add in the protein powder, rice krispies and marshmallows until the ingredients are mixed together. You may need to use your hands to combine well. The mix will be slightly crumbly.
- Make small balls(quarter size or slightly larger) by rolling the mixture together will your hands.
- After rolling the balls together, melt your chocolate and coconut oil together by placing in the microwave for about a minute.
- Using the back of your spoon or finger spread a thin layer of chocolate over the protein balls.
- Roll the ball in the graham cracker crumbs to coat.
- Store the balls in an airtight container, freeze them(like I did) or eat them right away(like I also did!!).
The original recipe said it made 22 balls but I only got 16 from the batch I made. Apparently, I like a generous serving when it comes to my S’mores Protein Balls. Make them big, make them small…….just make them!