I have all kinds of thoughts running through my head this morning so I figured I would just “talk it out” with my friends on the Internet. Sounds good, right?! By the way, thanks in advance or listening to all of my randomness!
1. So, if you read my last post, you will see that one of my 2016 goals was to stop yelling at my kids. I’m beginning to think this one may be quite impossible. Seriously. I don’t want to yell but I’m pretty sure it is the only way that my kids hear what I am saying. Its a damn good thing I make goals instead of resolutions because I would have failed hard by now. Oops. Still working on it……
2. Not only do I enjoy writing my blog but my real love lies in reading them. I read all types of blogs. From mommy blogs, food blogs, healthy living blogs to fashion blogs. Whatever, I don’t discriminate. However, I have learned recently that the blogs I do follow, MUST relate to me personally on some level or I just don’t give a crap. I follow blogs like I watch reality television. It’s all about the story…..not the food, not the workouts and not the clothes. That’s just an added bonus. For me, at least. Anyone else feel me?
3. My skin sucks. Really, it is starting to age and I don’t like it one bit. The biggest issue I have with it is the brown spots caused from years of previous sun damage(helloooo tanning booths in my early 20’s) paired with hormonal changes throughout three pregnancies. My melasma really bothers me and I am hoping to correct it with this regimen by Rodan & Fields. No, I’m not selling it but my friend does and she had great success with it so I figured why not try it for myself. They offer a money back guarantee so if I don’t see results, I have zero problem asking for a refund.
4. Soooo, I joined a Diet Bet. For the weight loss say? Not really. I joined because the “team” I joined is offering up a prize at the end for a paid trip for two to either the Caribbean or Mexico. I realize that the odds of winning the trip probably aren’t in my favor but it’s worth a shot, right? Plus, I can use it as an incentive to drop a couple of holiday pounds. Someone just make sure to remind me that cookies and late night snacking usually aren’t the best way to lose weight.
5. If you’ve been reading my blog for a bit, you should know that we are in the process of building a house. In the beginning, we weren’t going to do wood floors because, well, we are on a budget and they weren’t fitting into that. However, we had some issues with our builder(the sales person, really) and because of that the new person in charge has agreed to some upgrades at no additional cost to us. Basically, we were charged more for the house originally than we should have been so they are pretty much righting their wrong. I think we’ve decided to go with the copper color but I have to make my final decision today.
6. If you aren’t watching Girlfriends Guide to Divorce on Bravo, you are totally missing out. It’s a scripted series and reminds me of a modern day Sex and The City which is my favorite series EVA(well, Felicity is a close 2nd.) Its modern, real, heartbreaking and sexy all at the same time.
7. When I was making my 2016 goals, I probably should have added one more thing to the list. Cussing less. The thing is, for the most part, I don’t mind my potty mouth. Is it the most lady like quality? Probably not. However, it allows me to get out my frustrations without hurting anyone and often times, it serves the purpose of getting my point across much better than if I tried to use some other word. Besides, I recently read an article that said people who cuss tend to be more intelligent and creative than those who do not. Do I really need any more evidence than that? Sure, there is a time and a place for it but as long as I stay within those lines, I think I’m okay with dropping the F bomb every now and again.
If you are a mom and you have learned how to parent without yelling, please share your secret with me!
Why is your main reason behind reading blogs? Do you like very specific content or do you prefer personal stories about the blogger’s life?
What are your favorite skin care products or treatments? I’m always looking for the next best thing!
Favorite current television show?
Cussing. Yes or No?