I realize that I am a little late to the September goal setting game as we are already a week into the month but hey, better late than never!
In my everyday life, I am definitely a list maker. There is something about writing down my goals for the day that somehow makes me more productive. Maybe it’s the satisfaction of crossing things off of my list at the end of the day or maybe it’s because I wouldn’t get anything done without them. Ha! Either way, they work for me. I thought it would be fun(and hopefully keep me accountable) if I shared some personal goals that I’d like to accomplish in the month of September.
- I want to commit to getting in my 10,000 steps every.single.day this month. Well, starting today, September 6th! This has only recently become an issue because I used to hit that number, no problem. In past months, I was more active in Fitbit challenges but some of my friends moved to using the Apple Watch and so I’ve not been as motivated to get my steps in.
- Drink more water! I’ve been realllly bad about this lately. When I don’t drink enough water, I see it in my skin first. It gets dry and just looks lackluster. I always feel more tired and hungry, too. Basically, when I don’t drink enough water it has an effect on my entire body.
Schedule date night(or lunch) at least twice per month. I know, I know….for some of you this probably sounds a bit pathetic but Lance and I are bad about taking time out just for us. At certain times, we’ve gone months without a single date night so this will be an improvement for sure. I think that it’s so important to get away from the day-to-day demands of life and take time to reconnect so I’ll be looking to cross this one off the list, not only for September but for months to come.
- Okay, this goal seems to be one I always come back to and unfortunately, that’s not a good thing. I’m a yeller and sometimes, it’s just not pretty. I feel SO bad after I do it and I WANT to be the calm, cool and collected mom but dang, sometimes(a lot of times) it’s easier said than done. You know, like after you’ve asked your kid FIVE times to do the same thing and they still haven’t done it. Or when they are constantly bickering and you’ve just had enough, already. Sigh. These are just excuses of course. I’m not saying that I will NEVER yell again(realist over here) but i want to cut waaaaaay back. Wish me luck, mommas!! Any tips or pointers that have helped you in the past?
- Get dressed most days of the week. Don’t worry, I’m not running around naked on the reg(although my hubby wouldn’t pitch a fit, ha!) but I could stand to get out of my comfies and into something a bit more stylish and cute. It’s easy to laze around in workout clothes or pajamas, especially when I don’t have anything planned for the day. However, I just feel 100% better about myself and I tend to be way more productive when I am dressed with a little makeup on. I’m not giving up my lazy days completely, but I want a few less of them. I may even take outfit pics to share some of the ways I’m getting my #momstyle on.
- Read three books this month! I love, love, love to read so it’s disappointing that I haven’t done much of it lately. Probably because with my kids home all Summer, my attention went to them(and let’s be honest, my phone…ugh) and less to burying my nose in a good book.
Some of these goals are definitely going to be easier to tackle than others(see yelling) but I’m up for the challenge. I think it’s a good thing to strive for improvement, even if it’s in the littlest of ways. Wish me luck and I’ll be sure to check back at the first of October to see just how much I accomplished!